MiB ad

Leaderboard


Friday, February 21, 2014

Blogger Shopping Date & Feeling Nautical

Elaine and I met up at Square One last week for a shopping date. Shopping with a blogger friend is LOTS of fun...but can also lead to situations such as this:


CHANGING ROOM TWINS !?! But seriously, how can you resist a polka dot chambray shirt? Especially when it's on sale for only $19!


Here's a closer look at the shirt - I love it - gorgeous material and the perfect length to wear tucked in or loose. I plan on wearing it with a pencil skirt and black tights.

blazer / polka-dot / white print / anchor

Some of the other shirts I tried on at Old Navy - definitely feeling the nautical theme. Oh...and I might have ordered the striped blazer online, after it went on sale...


I also fell in love with the look of this pleather trimmed moto jacket from H&M. However, I'm not sure if it's a keeper - it has a high wool content (too warm) and feels a bit scratchy when you wear it. But the cut and fit is amazing...what should I do?

Coach Waverly Mini Skinny

My last purchase of the day was this sparkly coin purse from Coach - I love coated canvas products - they look new even after frequent use.

Shopping OOTD:

Sweater: Old Navy, Scarf: Express, Shirt: H&M, Jeans: Garage, Boots: Old Navy (similar)

By the way - if you're loving the nautical trend as much as I am - check out my post on 10 Ways to Wear Nautical featuring my top picks & styling tips.

Top Row: Old Navy / Smart Set / Old Navy / Joe Fresh / Forever21 Bottom Row: Joe Fresh / Alex & Ani / Forever21 / Forever21 / Express


p.s. Was so excited to get my Olivia Mew Valentine portrait from the Biotherm Event - I'm going to frame it:


9 comments:

  1. I really like all these pieces and the last outfit looks great!! xx

    http://www.sweetcandydreamer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I love successful shopping trips :-)

      Delete
  2. Heee shopping dates are so fun! Shoot I forgot to take MY shopping outfit picture - haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your blog, and this Shopping OOTD bring to mind a question/request...
    Could you do a post about your tips for layering sweaters with button down shirts?
    I can never seem to work out the sleeves for myself-- they bunch or they're too tight, etc.
    Just a thought. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your request Ariadne - what a GREAT idea for a post - will be sharing my tips soon :-)

      Delete
  4. Love it! It looks like you guys had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise - it was SO much fun because we have similar taste - and were able to help each other find great pieces ;-)

      Delete
  5. Your layers always look pristine! Great finds and I am loving the moto jacket... but if it's scratchy, not sure you will love it?

    Sequins&Stilettos



    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comments are my favorite part of blogging and I respond to each and every one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...