I love using makeup to enhance my features, but I don't always have a lot of time to apply it. Luckily, a fresh-faced look doesn't have to involve a lot of time or products. In this 5-minute, 5-product tutorial, I've condensed my makeup into 5 easy steps, focusing on minimal effort for maximum impact. This would be a great everyday makeup routine, or a simple work makeup look.
To make this tutorial even more fun, I've collaborated with Revlon - choosing 5 of their most effective products to create this look AND hosting a giveaway with them! Three of my Canadian readers will win ALL of these products (Retail Value Per Set: CAD$60+) so that they can recreate this whole look at home!
♥♥♥♥ Thank you Revlon for being so generous to my readers ♥♥♥♥
- Apply foundation all over your face, using your fingertips or a brush.
- Dab blush on the apples of your cheeks. You can use your fingertips but I prefer this $3 stippling brush.
- Use the highlighting end of the pencil to line the inner corner of your eyes. Use the eyeliner side to draw a line above your lashes. Keep the line thin on the inner corner of your eyes, and thicker near the edges.
- Apply mascara at the base of your lashes, wiggling back and forth to coat them thoroughly. Dip the wand in the tube and reapply, this time brushing the lashes from root to tip. Repeat until you achieve the volume you desire.
- Use the crayon to outline your lips, and then color them in.
- Revlon Age-Defying Firming + Lifting Makeup (Tender Beige) - this lightweight foundation glides on smoothly, providing radiant coverage - I was pleasantly surprised to skip my usual under-eye concealer step! Very well-designed packaging, the sleek bottle with a precision pump allows you to dispense only what you need.
- Revlon Cream Blush (Flushed) - I've always been a huge fan of cream blushes, and I love the formulation of this blush. You only need the tiniest amount to get a natural looking healthy glow.
- Revlon Photoready Kajal (Carbon Cleopatra) - Such a genius double-sided product - everything you need to make your eyes look big and bright: luminous highlighter AND intense black eyeliner. Super easy to apply and surprisingly long-lasting too.
- Revlon Lash Potion Volume + Length Mascara (Blackest Black) - My favorite Revlon mascara to date - this version uses proteins and vitamins to nourish lashes. The specially designed 'Illusionist Wand' makes it easy to build dramatic volume without any clumps.
- Revlon Colorburst Laquer Balm (Vivacious) - It's no surprise that the Colorburst Crayons are one of the most-raved about lip products around. They provide the precision of a liner, the pigmentation of a lipstick and the hydration of a balm. My lips are naturally quite dark (as seen in steps 1-4 above) yet this lightweight balm shows up easily on my lips. Longtime readers of my blog know how much I love Revlon lip products - and these crayons are no exception - I currently own 4...and will undoubtedly be adding to my collection!
Three lucky readers will win ALL 5 products pictured above (winner specifies their foundation shade). Entering is easy - use the Rafflecopter form below. This contest is ONLY open to Canadian residents excluding Quebec. If you're under 18, you must have your parents' permission to enter this contest. Contest ends March 18, 2014.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Linking up with More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express.